Note that the work by which artists should be judged is not limited to material published in fanzines; art in semiprozines or material on public displays (such as in convention art shows) is also eligible, as are media artists (sculptors, jewellers, 3-dimensional artists, etc) who produce work which can be considered related to science fiction or fantasy.
Fan artists can have work published in professional publications as well, but you should not consider such professionally-published works when judging this award.
"Fan" works include covers and interior art published in:
- Self-published books
- Venues which are not SFWA-Qualified Markets
- Work published by Semiprozines
- Work published in Fanzines
- Work published on websites (including the author's site)
"Professional" works include covers and interior art published in:
- Traditionally-published books
- SFWA-Qualified Markets
- Work published by the professional publications listed at the bottom of this page (Prozines)
All items (3)